Out of School Activities
ONSIDE COACHING FUN and ACTIVE CHILDCARE AT EASTER
Sunshine Centre now even better!
We wanted to let all of our families know that the Sunshine Centre, which has been open since 1998, now has even better facilities!
They offer a one-stop service, with support including:
- Courses & groups: basic skills, family learning and parenting, plus support groups for survivors of domestic abuse
- Antenatal & health visitors: with weekly groups and drop in clinics
- Stay & play sessions: for parents/carers and under 5’s to explore activities together, meet others and share experiences
- Baby groups: a chance for parents and babies to attend groups like baby massage
- Mini markets: weekly markets selling baby equipment, toys, clothes, books and more
They aim to provide both practical help and emotional support and were rated Outstanding in all areas in their May 2019 OFSTED report.
Please contact them if you feel any of their services could be of help to you or if you would like to donate to their Mini markets.
Oxfordshire County Music Service
A chance for children to join the Saturday morning Music Centre in Banbury!
The centre currently runs an orchestra open to woodwind (including recorders), brass and strings (violin, viola, cello and double bass) players from beginner level to more advanced, with parts adapted to suit each player. Children don’t need to be having lessons through the music service – we also welcome players who learn through school, privately or are self-taught.
The orchestra plays a diverse range of music from classical to pop and film music. We have a concert coming up in March at St Mary’s Church featuring some exciting special guests so now is the perfect time to join!
Joining the centre costs just £52 per ten-week term. It is free for pupils learning through the First Access programme and the first term is free for OCMS students.