Out of School Activities
Junior Saturday Art Club
Banbury and Bicester College will start a new series of Junior Saturday Art Club on Saturday 6th November in their professionally equipped creative workshops.
Junior Saturday Art Club is a five-week, creative Saturday course for 8–11 year olds, running from 10am–noon.
To enrol: https://adult.activatelearning.ac.uk/find-a-course/detail/junior-saturday-art-club-for-8-11-year-olds-6/
Banbury Judo Club
This event is only available for people with an entry knowledge of Judo; this is due to the safety that is taught in the first few weeks of starting judo.
We always welcome new starters to Banbury Judo Club and have a very welcoming junior and senior team. Find out more here: www.banburyjudoclub.org.uk
Active Adventure at Summer Fields school
Step by Step Dance School
The ’50 things to do before you’re five’ app is now officially launched in Oxfordshire! There are some wonderful ideas and activities on this app to enjoy with your children.
It is free to download and offers 50 low-cost/no-cost local activities designed to promote early language development, as well as encourage parent-child interaction.
The website can be found here: https://oxfordshire.50thingstodo.org, with the app available to download via the website, or from Apple AppStore/Google PlayStore.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Harriers Banbury Academy with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.
org.uk/causes/ harriersbanburyacademy/?utm_ campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Harriers Banbury Academy at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Harriers Banbury Academy will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
Sunshine Centre now even better!
We wanted to let all of our families know that the Sunshine Centre, which has been open since 1998, now has even better facilities!
They offer a one-stop service, with support including:
- Courses & groups: basic skills, family learning and parenting, plus support groups for survivors of domestic abuse
- Antenatal & health visitors: with weekly groups and drop in clinics
- Stay & play sessions: for parents/carers and under 5’s to explore activities together, meet others and share experiences
- Baby groups: a chance for parents and babies to attend groups like baby massage
- Mini markets: weekly markets selling baby equipment, toys, clothes, books and more
They aim to provide both practical help and emotional support and were rated Outstanding in all areas in their May 2019 OFSTED report.
Please contact them if you feel any of their services could be of help to you or if you would like to donate to their Mini markets.